Matcha is powdered and ground green tea.
- Stress relief: can lower cortisol (a hormone that is released in times of tension that can also increase fat in the abdominal area)
- Contains caffeine: can curb cravings and suppress the appetite and can give a mood and energy boost
- Contains antioxidants, like polyphenols and catechins, that can help to prevent types of cancer and can prevent premature aging
- Can help with weight maintenance: shown to increase the rate of creating heat (thermogenesis) which can burn calories
SELECTION & STORAGE
- Buy organic matcha and store in its sealed container in a cool, dry place.
How to Use
- Dissolved into hot water with honey
- Incorporate into baked goods
- Add to smoothies and yogurt
- Sprinkle over popcorn
- Matcha (and other teas) are known to contain traces of lead, even when grown organically. As with all things, even superfoods, consume in moderation.
- Green tea contains caffeine, so do not consume before bedtime to reduce possible insomnia.