- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 green apples, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pinches of cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 can tomato paste (6oz)
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for 4 hours.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly, then pour into a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Don’t overfill the container as the heat from the warm foods will cause the contents to expand and potentially splatter out.
- Once blended, place the ketchup in glass containers and allow it to come to room temperature before refrigerating.
- The ketchup should last for several weeks or more in the refrigerator.
- If you notice a change in color or smell or see any mold growth, discard and make a new batch.
Adapted from The 21 Day Sugar Detox