- 3 cups loosely packed parsley leaves
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted
- ½ teaspoon sea or Himalayan salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- Slices of fresh carrot or cucumber
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Blend on low speed for a few seconds until a thick paste forms.
- Serve on raw vegetable slices or root vegetable chips.
Keeps for several days in a sealed container in the refrigerator. May substitute cilantro or basil for parsley.
Adapted from The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook