- ⅔ – ¾ cup of of organic live culture yogurt, preferably Greek since it has the most protein
- 1 tsp organic, unsweetened and uncut matcha (finely ground green tea leaves)
- Drizzle of organic, raw honey or real maple syrup to taste
- Sliced fruit such as oranges, bananas, melon, mangos, peaches, or berries
- Handful of raw, unprocessed nuts like walnuts, cashews, pecans, or almonds- chopped or left whole
- Other optional toppings: chia or hemp seeds, raw cacao nibs, dried unsweetened coconut shavings, and granola
- Pour yogurt into a cereal-sized bowl and whisk in matcha and honey (or maple syrup).
- Top with preferred fruits, nuts, and other optional toppings.
- Enjoy a healthy breakfast that is sure to add a spring to your step!
Breakfast is one of those meals that most Americans either skip, make poor choices on, or eat on the go. Time is of the essence, and when Chews Your Health selects recipes to share we try to keep that in mind. This breakfast contains just a few ingredients and minimal steps: whisk together yogurt, matcha and honey, then top with whatever fruit, nuts, granola, and seeds are on hand. When selecting yogurt, we suggest organic with live cultures. Choose a Greek yogurt that is high in protein and does not have added sugars/sweeteners. Matcha is an unusual and under utilized ingredient in the American diet. Unsweetened and uncut matcha is wonderful for boosting metabolism, brain function, and one’s mood. Although it contains natural caffeine, it is known to give a calm and focused feeling. Matcha also contains powerful antioxidants that can protect against cell damage and cancer. The matcha yogurt bowl, along with preferred fruits, seeds, and nuts will give variation in one’s diet- which is essential in gut and overall health! Enjoy.