- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Dijon mustard
- ½ cup macadamia nut oil
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, lemon juice and mustard until blended and bright yellow, about 30 seconds.
- Begin adding 1/4 cup of the macadamia nut oil to the yolk mixture a few drops at a time, whisking constantly.
- Gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup of macadamia nut oil and the olive oil in a slow, thin stream whisking constantly until the mayonnaise is thick and lighter in color.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Adapted from The 21 Day Sugar Detox