*Makes 2 Cups
- 2 cups of milk of choice (preferably organic and unsweetened coconut or almond milk, but whole organic cow’s milk may be used)
- 1 tsp dried turmeric OR ½ inch fresh turmeric peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried ginger OR ½ inch fresh ginger root peeled and very thinly sliced
- Dash of black pepper or 3 whole peppercorns
- Raw, organic honey to taste
- Over medium heat, add desired milk, turmeric, ginger, black pepper, and honey to a medium sized saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer for about 3 minutes, be sure not to overheat.
- Take off heat and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer, and enjoy!
Turmeric milk, also known as Golden milk, is a popular beverage for treating colds, coughs, headaches, arthritis pain, and even depression. Turmeric is full of antioxidants that can help to prevent cancer, reduce inflammation, and help to build up the immune system. It also ramps up production of the omega-3 fatty acid DHA in the body, which is essential to brain health and cognitive function. Golden milk is a comforting beverage, perfect on chilly days or when you feel a cold approaching.