- 1 avocado pitted and skinned
- Juice of 1 orange – about 1/3 cup
- Juice of 1 lemon – about 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup filtered water, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until well incorporated.
- If dressing is too thick, add water one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
This Citrus Avocado Dressing contains three extraordinary ingredients that are beneficial to one’s diet: avocados, apple cider vinegar, and ginger. Avocados are a great source of healthy fats, fiber, and a multitude of important vitamins- especially vitamin E. They can also help with the absorption of fat soluble vitamins: D, E, K, and A. Organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar (ACV) contains enzymes, proteins, antioxidants, and amino acids. ACV is also helpful in maintaining blood glucose levels in individuals who have pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes by improving insulin sensitivity. Ginger is a root that is used as a spice and is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. It can reduce nausea, blood glucose levels, muscle pain, and triglycerides. Try adding this dressing to any type of salad, especially one with plenty of leafy greens and bright, colorful vegetables and fruits to maximize vitamin absorption! Keeps for a day, sealed, in the refrigerator.