- 6 slices thick, sugar-free bacon cut in half lengthwise
- 2 ripe pears cored and sliced into six pieces each
- Powdered cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap each pear slice in bacon, making a figure eight and securing the loose ends of the back with a toothpick.
- Dust lightly with cinnamon and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the bacon browns and the pears are cooked through.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and serve warm.
For a variation substitute apples for the pears or switch the flavor by using ginger powder instead of cinnamon. If you use apples be advised they may need longer to cook.
Adapted from The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook