Serves one mason jar.
- ¼ cup Steel Cut Oats
- ½ cup milk of choice (Organic whole cow’s milk, almond milk, or cashew milk)
- ½ tbs chia seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of Himalayan salt
- Optional toppings: berries, nuts, raw honey, bananas, raw cocoa
- Mix oats, choice of milk, chia seeds, unsweetened applesauce, cinnamon, and Himalayan salt in a mason jar. Seal the jar tightly and let rest overnight (stays fresh for up to 4 days).
- For breakfast, top with your choice of toppings and dig in! You can leave the oats in the mason jar if you’re on the go, or transfer to a bowl if enjoying breakfast at home.
This overnight oatmeal recipe is simple and allows you to eat it on the go for busy mornings. Organic steel cut oats and chia seeds offer your body with the fiber it needs to fuel your day without morning hunger pangs. Chia seeds also contain protein (essential for muscle growth) and calcium (to build and maintain strong teeth and bones). Add chia seeds to your smoothies, yogurt, pancakes, and other baked items. They’re very versatile and easy to sneak in!
Adapted from Aria Grillo’s Overnight Oats recipe