- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk or milk of choice (organic if possible!)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1 tbsp organic acai powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter (no sugar added)
- 1 tbsp toasted coconut (no sugar added)
- ½ cup ice
- 1 sliced banana & grain free granola and low sugar as toppings for acai bowl
- Add coconut milk (or milk of choice) and vanilla extract to blender first, then add in salt, banana, organic acai powder, almond butter, toasted coconut and ½ cup of ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into bowl and top with the sliced banana and grain-free granola.
Our friends at Nourish Cafe + Market in downtown Columbia, MO shared their amazing recipe for an almond butter coconut acai bowl! Acai contains antioxidants that promote a healthy cardiovascular system, healthy skin, and can help protect cells from free radicals. Acai also has weight loss properties due to increased metabolism and appetite suppression in some individuals. The coconut milk and almond butter both have healthy fats that your bodies need to help absorb nutrients and vitamins to use for energy, cellular repair, and other daily bodily functions. This is an excellent breakfast to give you plenty of fuel and “Nourish”-ment to get through your morning! Kids big and small love it!